16/11/2005

The Holy Sepulchre & the Church of the Resurrection

 

 

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre (in Arabic Keniset el Kijame, "Church of the Resurrection") built on the site of the Crucifixion and the entombment, in one of the holiest places in Christendom. At the entrance, the façade is dominated by two portals with pointed arches erected during the Crusades. Saladin blocked up the right-hand one in 1187.

 

 

The comments are closed.