17/12/2005

Sea of Galilee - car stop at Ein Gev Kibbutz

 

The Ein Gev kibbutz, founded in 1937, could only be reached by water until 1967. The road connection which had been made in 1941 was broken in 1948 when the Syrians advanced up to the lake. On the sea shore a vast restaurant offers the famous St Peter's fish which the tourists eat with relish.

 

17:15 Posted by Jean Jacques in 04 Sea of Galilee | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

The comments are closed.