21/12/2005

Coveted water

Since 1967, the water in the territories was placed under military control and Arab residents were forbidden to dig new wells, whereas Jewish colonies would do it without any restriction whatsoever. According to a World Bank report, 90% of water in Cisjordan is used to Israel’s profit, Palestinians getting only the other 10%. Too complex, the water issue has been postponed until the final negotiations.

 

 The River Jordan

 

 

 

17:51 Posted by Jean Jacques in 17 General | Permalink | Comments (0) |  Facebook |

The comments are closed.